Replacement Strainer Screens
● Perforations and Mesh (If liner is required)
● All Lettered Dimensions Shown
SCREENS: 1/8″ perforated type 304 stainless steel on sizes 2″ to 24″. Other perforations, meshes and materials are available upon request
CONSTRUCTION: Standard units are fabricated with slip-on flanges in standard pressure classes up to 2500 lb. Other flange styles and welded connections are available per your specifications
CODES: Fabricated to ASME B31.1, ASME B31.3 and/or ASME
Section VIII , Div. 1. Latest Revision
The following steps should be taken to determine the ratio of openings through strainer screens to the area of the inlet pipe size.
1. Determine the size of mesh or perforation required to give the desired particle retention
2. Multiply the total area of the screen by the percent of open area of the perforation or mesh material. The result is the open area of the screen
3. The open area of the screen divided by the area of the pipe will give the ratio of open area of the screen to the area of the pipe
4. To determine the ratio of open area to the pipe on mesh lined reinforcing screens, complete step two (2) to find the open area of the mesh. Multiply the open area of the mesh by the percent
of open area of the reinforcing material. The result divided by the area of the pipe will be the ratio of open area of the screen to the
area of the pipe.
STRAINER SCREEN DATA
Our strainer screens are made in a variety of perforations and mesh openings to best suit the application. Standard material is 304 stainless steel. Other screen materials are available upon request
When screens are constructed of very fine mesh wire cloth they are reinforced with a rigid outer shell of perforated sheet. Perforated sheets are made of sheet stainless steel, the thickness of which is not greater than half the size of the perforations.
Colton Industries offers custom built replacement screens for our own cast and fabricated strainers as well as most other manufacturers strainers.