PS/PW Line Heat Exchangers
PS and PW-Type U-tube heat exchangers are designed for a wide range of liquid to liquid (PW) and steam to liquid (PS) applications.
Enhanced with stainless steel tubing in the standard construction, and available in a broad range of sizes and configurations, these PS/PW U-tube heat exchangers are designed for industrial applications with strict duties and heat transfer requirements.
The removable tube bundles make it convenient to clean and inspect these units.
- U-tube construction.
- Units designed for liquid to liquid (PW) and steam to liquid (PS) applications.
- Available in standard 2 or 4 pass construction.
- Removable tube bundles for convenience in cleaning and inspection.
- Strong, durable construction with stainless steel tubes and rugged cast-iron or steel head in standard units. (Optional materials are available).
- U-tube and baffle arrangements designed to maximize heat transfer performance.
- Tubes expanded into stationary tubesheet allow for tube expansions and contractions, due to thermal fluctuations, without causing stresses on the joints. Welding tubes to the tubesheet is optional.
- Customization of units with higher pressures, temperature ratings, and other materials possible.
- Industrial and commercial heating and cooling
- Industrial and commercial condensers
Optional construction materials are available. A unit may be fabricated using dissimilar metals for each section. Please contact our office for details.
Maximum Working Pressure
- Up to 150 PSI (1.03 MPa)
Maximum Working Temperature
- Up to 375°F (190°C)
- Stainless steel 304 tubes
- Carbon steel shell
- Carbon steel tubesheet
- Cast iron/steel head
- non-asbestos/pressed fibre gaskets