Series ‘BDT’ Blowdown Tanks
COLTON Industries offers blowdown tanks in varying sizes to retain and then discharge intermittent boiler blowdown to drain. The COLTON blowdown tank features an internal weir arrangement to retain the boiler blowdown and allow it to cool before being purged by the next blowdown cycle.
The vessel should be installed with the flash steam outlet (5) at the top as shown.
● Self operating thermostatic cooling control valve
● Vent Condenser
● Internal weir assembly retains blowdown and allows it to cool to atmosphere, saving on cooling water.
● Baffled inlet extends tank life
● Standard inspection cover
Design Pressure: 100 PSIG
Design Temperature: 450ºF
Design Code: ASME Sect VIII, Div. I, latest revision
Material of Construction: Carbon Steel (optional stainless steel)
● Dimensions can be modified to suit customer requirements.
● Larger sizes and selections for higher boiler pressures are available upon request
Ordering Information Required:
Operating pressure and the horse power of the boiler that will be feeding the selected tank.
If more than one boiler will be discharging into the selected tank, advise the horsepower of each boiler as well as its operating pressure, the frequency and sequence of blowdown.
- Thermostatic Cooling Control
- Vent Condenser