Series ‘CC’ Condensate Coolers
Condensate coolers should be utilized on any application where
condensate is being discharged to drain or waste. Most codes
restrict waste water to a 140°F high limit
● Cooling water dispersal header
● Internal weir assembly retains condensate and allows it to cool to
atmosphere, saving on cooling water
● Baffled inlet extends tank life
● Self operating cooling control valve
● Dial thermometer
● Vent condenser
The vessel should be installed with the flash steam outlet (vent) at the top as shown. Vent to atmosphere through independently
supported vent piping.
ORDERING INFORMATION REQUIRED
● Pressure at source steam traps or blowdown valves
● Volume of condensate to be cooled
● Pressure and temperature of cooling water
● High temperature limit of waste condensate
Normal Sizing by Condensate Load
CC-6 up to 2,000 lbs./hr. CC-12 up to 10,000 lbs./hr.
CC-8 up to 5,000 lbs./hr. CC-16 up to 20,000 lbs./hr.
Design Pressure: 25 psig
Design Temperature: 100°F
Hydrostatic Test: 40 psig
Design Steam Pressure: 15 psig saturated
Operating Steam Pressure: 0 psig (vented to atmosphere)
Heat Treatments: None
Material of Construction: Carbon Steel (Stainless Steel Optional)
● Dimensions may be modified to suit customer’s requirements
● Larger sizes and selections are available upon request
Ordering Information Required:
Pressure of condensate at source steam trap/s or blow down valve/s. Volume of condensate (usually expressed in lbs/hr.) to be cooled. Temperature and pressure of cooling water.
High limit of waste condensate (if other than 140 deg. F.)