ABX Brazed Plate Heat Exchangers
- Radiant floors, snow melting, domestic hot water heating, swimming pool heating, heat pumps, heat recovery, district heating, steam condensing, and refrigeration.
- The Armstrong ABX plate and frame heat exchangers are suitable for use in any installation involving hot water boilers. The wide range of in stock models assures fast project turnaround.
- Plates: stainless steel, nickel alloys, titanium (alloys)
- Gaskets: elastomer materials, sigma coat, compressed fibers (non-asbestos)
- In-stock selection covers applications from 0.5 USgpm to 160 USgpm. Larger models available for up to 600 USgpm.
Low installed cost
- Superior heat transfer coefficients of Armstrong ABX exchangers allow for substantially smaller build and footprint at equivalent or better performance compared to other heat transfer devices – resulting in significant space savings
- Highly compact design, with all connections being on the same plane, for fast and convenient installation in tight spaces
Superior heat transfer rates and excellent building comfort
- Turbulent-flow design moves the two media in opposite directions and creates strong turbulences for superior heat transfer rates and efficiency
- Highest responsiveness to changes in system demand for superior space conditioning compared to other similar designs
Low operating risk and cost
- Brazed-plate and anti-scaling flow design for reduced maintenance cost and longer equipment life
- Brazed-plate design eliminates the need for gaskets (and replacement)